Monday, July 21, 2008

Soundtrack of My Life...For Now


Recently, I read an interesting post at Okay Seriously where she completed the "soundtrack" to her life. Being quite a music buff, I started thinking immediately what my soundtrack would be. So without further ado, I give you the Soundtrack of My Life as it is now (I can't say how it will be tomorrow):

Opening credits: Extraordinary-Liz Phair
I love this song even though I know she got a lot of flack for supposedly "selling out". With "I am extraordinary/if you'd ever get to know me", I think that's how everyone should feel about themselves.

Waking Up: Here Comes the Sun-The Beatles

Average Day: Everyday America-Sugarland
I work in Mayberry. What else can I say?

First date: Take a Chance on Me-ABBA
God I LOVE this song, and I don't care who knows it!

Falling in Love: I Bruise Easily-Natasha Bedingfield
I also thought "I'll Be"by Edwin McCain. I love him. That song is amazing. And then I also considered "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family. Really.

Love Scene: At Last-Etta James
This song has such a sexy vibe. It's definitely on my "sex songs" list along with "Possession" by Sarah McLachlan.

Fight Scene: Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
Other notables were "We Will Rock You" and "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen.

Breaking up: No Ordinary Love-Sade
Holy shit! This must be one of the best songs ever recorded! I also thought of Puddle of Mudd's "She Hates Me"...I love that song.

Getting Back Together: I Will...But-SHeDAISY
Ladies, if you don't know it, you should really take a listen.

Secret Love: I Love You-Sarah McLachlan
This song just ACHES.

Life’s Okay: I Could Not Ask For More-Edwin McCain

Mental Breakdown: Crazy-Patsy Cline

Driving: Hotel California-The Eagles
I will sing this song at the top of my lungs with all the windows down! I love it! Also in the running was "Drive My Car" by the Beatles, "Heads Carolina, Tails California" by JoDee Messina, or "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman. And what about the classic Roger Miller "King of the Road"?

Learning a Lesson: Say-John Mayer

Deep Thought: Thank U-Alanis Morrisette

Flashback: Footloose-Kenny Loggins

Partying: Blue Monday-New Order/Blister in the Sun-Violent Femmes
What can I say? I can't tell you how many times in college I was drunk, and the Violent Femmes were playing in the background...

Happy Dance: Pocketful of Sunshine-Natasha Bedingfield
I think I might have a girl crush on her. I also like "Bust a Move" by Young MC and "It Takes Two" by Rob Base for a little happy dance.

Regretting: It's Too Late-Carole King
This was before my time, but the woman is incredible. This song always makes me a little sad.

Long Night Alone: Here With Me-Dido

Death Scene: My Immortal-Evanescence
This song is so depressing yet I still love it. Also, "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye"-Boyz II Men.I'm a sucker for harmonies..

Closing Credits: 100 Years-Five for Fighting

*Bear in mind that there were so many songs that could go with any label. It was really difficult...try it yourself and let me know!

14 comments:

  1. Believe it or not I sometimes leave your blog-window open while I surf the net because your player has such a good selection of tunes I've never heard before. Good to see you're indeed very soulful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:12 AM

    Ok, If you didn't have me at Patsy Cline, the Violent Femmes just shoved you over the edge. Ok, so your right if we were lezzys I'd so marry you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orhan-*blushing* Well gee, thanks! XOXO

    Jmeped-Well, taste attracts taste, does it not? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about some of the ones you left out?

    Making love to the Pug: "How Bizarre" by OMC

    After sleeping with the Pug: "Never Can Say Goodbye" by Diana Ross

    After finding out the Pug knocked you up: "Eat for Two" by 10000 Maniacs

    After finding out the Pug was run over by a car: "How Do I Live Without You?" by Leann Rimes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pugsley, my precious, why torture me with all the love and then end on your death? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My soundtrack only has one song, and it's in your playlist. I'll let you guess which one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dyckie-You've got to branch out a bit...seriously! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea...I would not even begin to know how to narrow down my soundtrack anymore...and I would have to add a couple of categories I am sure LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sassy,
    Mine has been in the works for a few months. I just find that there are way to many songs that have been a part of my life. I think it will be a while before I can post mine. Good post.
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyone who puts "Footloose", Dido, and The Partridge Family in one blog entry is A-Okay in my book! Aint nuffin wrong there, Sassy. This is 'xact;y why I luvs ya. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a tad late here but I LOVE this post! How in depth you know? Like for real, it's neat to see JUST what a person likes to listen to, but to have them put into this "soundrack" and talk about it and stuff.

    (super geek, sorry)

    But anyways this was neato and can I please GUSH at your playlist? I love so many of the songs you've got on here!! "SOOOOO Sally can wait, she knows it's to late...." (oasis *swoon*)

    What a nice addition I love it.

    And since I'm showing just how behind I am, may I also say that I LOVE LOVE OH CRAP LOVE your doaggie pics? Can they BE cuter? No, no they cannot.

    XOXOOXOXOXOXOOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOX's!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    -Lhor

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I just hang out here and listen to your playlist? I need to update mine, but good grief, no one even reads my blog anymore, so why bother? Eh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't complete this assignment unless I can be certain my life will end with a freeze frame while I am performing a jump kick off a pier. Preferably in the general direction of a shark.

    ReplyDelete
  14. TG-It's a living list...

    Jake-Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    Cruiser-Aw shucks! ;)

    Hor-HEY!! Where the hell ya been?? And thank you...

    Cruiser-Of course you can hang out! And hey, what am I? Chopped liver??! I still read your blog...

    RYAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.