Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Under the Bridge

As you may or may not know, I moved recently. And as always when I decide to travel in any way, the dark cloud of travel once again followed me. Let's set the scene:


It's Texas...in August...otherwise known as the 7th level of Hell. To say that it's fucking hot here...well, that's just not enough! It's hotter than two rats fucking in a wool sock, that's what it is! 107 degrees? WTF? This isn't Phoenix, people! 

Anywho, Derk and my BIL along with close friends of the family were kind enough to show up to throw their backs out for me. I had rented a 24' UHaul  monster truck that my BIL was kind enough to offer to drive even though the man has screws in his leg from a recent house painting injury (yes, we're a graceful lot, my family). Now I'll skip the 4 hours of loading all my shit and get to the real issues of the move. Derk, my niece  and FoF are in my car, and my BIL, his nephew,  and Dewey are in the monster truck. About 12 miles from my house, Dewey (strapping young friend of the family) calls me on my cell to tell me that the truck is running hot, and we need to take the next exit off the freeway. So we exit, and as I take the turn to the gas station, we look back and see that there is smoke and steam rising from the monster truck and there is a big bailout by the boys driving. I mean, who knew a guy with a broken leg could move his ass so fast? Yes, the UHaul blew up, which caused my niece to have a panic attack and me very nearly a heart attack! So, we ended up having to park my car under the underpass and wait 2.5 fucking hours for the mechanic from the roadside assistance to show up because you know I couldn't just leave that bitch there. But hey, we had beer and a sense of humor. Of course, we weren't in the best part of town, but several Mexicans waved at us as they drove by, and a Dallas County sheriff asked us if we needed any help. Did I mention it was 2,000 degrees out that day? So, what should have been a 6-8 hour smooth operation turned into a 14-hour nightmare. Yes, the mechanic showed up and fixed the truck. Yes, I called the UHaul place and ripped them a new asshole. Yes, my move was free save for the $37 in gas I put into that piece of shit. Yes, I can hardly move as a result of moving my shit. I hate moving. It sucks big, hairy, dirty balls. Next time, I'm selling everything and starting out fresh!

But look what I got in the mail as a housewarming gift (minus the puny, girlyman arm):


Dyckie, in the future, I should let you know that I prefer diamonds...
And I'm too tired to make this funny...

*Seriously people, I don't really talk like this in "real life"...I'm not nearly as profane. But it's really fucking hot here!

15 comments:

  1. But that bracelet is better than diamonds, Sassypants! It's made with STAINLESS STEEL and REAL IMITATION GOLD PLATING! You can't put a price tag on that! (Actually, you can. It was $19.99.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jmeped: "Two rats fucking in a sock" is a classic, and will now be a part of my daily lexicon.

    And look on the bright side: at least you didn't run into "The Hitcher". Maybe that comes later.

    (p.s. - why do I get the feeling that EVERY one of us will wind up getting that same gay bracelet in the mail at some point? Perhaps that's WHY we all need to keep changing addresses. Hopefully it will show up on one of those severed human feet washing up in British Columbia, so the authorities can keep it from further circulation)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dyckie-I know exactly what you're getting for Christmas...

    Jmeped-It's 2 rats fucking in a WOOL sock. Much hotter! ;) A very chatty Englishman said that about the Lone Star state while sitting next to me on an airplane. I wonder if he should give Pixar a call?

    Pugsley-Are you wishing the Hitcher on me? And by the way...what's your address? I have a lil gift for you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've watched two rats fucking in a sock,and I have to say it's not as hot as you'd think.

    It took me forever to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 107 degrees? aw hell. shit. shit. shit.


    shit.

    And AAAAWWWWWWWWWW ain't that the SA-WAY-Test THANG????? You've totaly got bling now, that rocks out.

    SOoooo how do you like your new place and how close am I going to be moving to you??? Can you BELIEVE I'm coming to work in TX???? That's like crazy town right?

    And I LOOOVVVE you for having that sweet chat with the U-haul people - I can imagine it was a halmark conversation. :P

    Good luck darling with the new place, may it never be a money pit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan is all over the place this week!

    That is one hot bracelet. Are you guys going steady now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryan!!! Seriously?

    Hor-Sweetie, I'm in north Texas and you're going south! LOL But when are you going to be coming to TX? Email me already!!

    Christie-I certainly hope not!! I mean, I can't be seen wearing such "finery"....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a hard time moving. I hate moving too. I am a minimalist just for that. If I have to move, I'm not going to move alot. And if I do have to move alot, I'm hiring someone else to do it from now on. I thing that moving is one of those things that makes people get a shiver down their spine when they think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wondering about you. Figured you had a lot to dow ith school starting and the move....
    I am so sorry to hear the move didn't go smoothly
    How is the new place?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Other thasn all the horrors of the move and the hell on earth inferno aspect, that was a funny story. Not so much for you at the time I am sure, but you do have great story telling skills. I have to use a few of those heat descriptives the next time it 115 here in L.A. Yes, I know - it's a dry heat. 115 is hot no matter how dry. I hope it's a long time until the next move.

    Saw you at Jmpeped's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you have my sympathy! I've spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods. In fact, on August 27, 1999, Dallas was the hottest place on the planet. The PLANET. And where was I??

    My stupid ass wanted to see Dealy Plaza. On foot.

    That was with Old BF. And he's dumb enough to still want me back. Go figure.

    Take care!
    :o) BJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drywall Mom-Thanks for your sympathy! Last time I moved, I DID hire movers...and they ruined most of my stuff. I just can't seem to win with this moving stuff, so next time I'll just sell everything and start new. ;)

    TG-I'm ALIVE! Very busy in Mayberry...will call soon! XOXO

    Rat-I miss LA whenever the humidity gets out of control here....

    Blogget-Old BFs belong on the grassy knoll with the bum piss...Thank GOD for some rain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sassy, sounds so hot that you could give a Nutty Buddy to someone that said it wasn't. Sounds painful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait...

    You were in L.A. when I was there... Now you're in Texas? Where I live? Are you stalking me? When do I get to wake up to you rubbing oil on my buttocks?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course I will be using the phrase "two rats fucking in a wool sock" in the near future. Maybe tomorrow if Maryland gets hot! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.