Friday, February 29, 2008

The Return of the Nutty Buddy


Yes, I'm still alive. Stop your bitchin' via email and recognize that I really am busy (Hor, it's true!), and blogging still doesn't make the top of my priority list.


Anywho, I decided to share something rather interesting that has resurfaced at work. As you know (or you should by now!), I am an administrator at a school. I handle all kinds of tasks, student discipline being just one. Early in the year, I saw an inordinate amount of the phenomenon known as the "Nutty Buddy" pop up all over my campus. Are you familiar with the Nutty Buddy? Gentlemen? Here's the gist:


Young boys run up to each other in the hallways, in the gym, in the classroom, at lunch...wherever there is a free minute....and they punch each other in the crotch and run away squealing with laughter. They have just made their victim a "nutty buddy." Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought boys were more leery of touching each other's genitals unless they have a bent to that particular gender. Harmless fun, you say? I think not. Often, the person being punched drops everything they are carrying, and they all the time let out a scream of agony and collapse in a heap, writhing and holding their junk. And sometimes, there are even tears. What the hell is this madness?? But it's when the witnesses to this crime come forward, or I get a call from the school nurse, that I come into this ridiculous situation because a disciplinary referral then gets written.


I had one such nutty buddy incident today, which the likes of I hadn't seen since at least October of last year. The crotch puncher was brought to my office with an ice pack on a rapidly bruising cheek, and the crotch punchee came to my office from the nurse with an ice pack for his family jewels. Here is the conversation:


SB: Nutty Buddy Victim, please tell me what happened. (I took out my legal pad to record this exchange.)


NBV: Ms. Sassy, he punched me in the nuts!


SB: Okay. Then what happened?


NBV: I punched him in the face! He-


NBP: I didn't hit him that hard! And anyway, he punched me in the nuts 3rd period!


SB: So what you guys are telling me is that we are back to performing "nutty buddies" on each other? Why? Didn't I make it clear last fall that when you put your hands on someone else, my options for how to deal with it are few? NBP, why would you even think about touching him there in any form or fashion? NBV, DID you punch him in the nuts 3rd period?


NBV: (mumbling) Yes. But I was just playing!


NBP: (beginning to cry) But I didn't WANT to touch him there, it's a GAME!!


SB: So tell me, is it fun now?


Both boys: No! But we were just playing around...(crying and more crying)


SB: I understand that, but I'll be calling your mothers to explain how you are both going to In School Suspension for touching each other in the privates! I will not tolerate this kind of inappropriate behavior on campus. Just STOP touching each other, and for sure stop hitting each other in the nuts! It can cause some very serious health problems for you!


This statement caused all out sobbing. As you can tell, neither had a good explanation for why this is considered the thing to do. After some uncomfortable calls to their poor, beleaguered mothers, I set them up for a couple of day s of ISS. But what the hell? And then one parent calls me to set my hair on fire about how her kid has bruised testicles?? Excuse me? How the holy fuck is that MY fault?


Listen gentlemen (and you too, Dyckerson!) I know how pleased and proud you are of your junk, but this kind of behavior is just fucking stupid. Punch your own berries all you want, but for the love of Mike, give us all a break and keep it isolated to your own crotch area. I've had all I can take of crotch-related incidents!* Now go call your mother and tell her how sorry you are that you were a nasty ass lil punk for causing her so much grief! And if you have boys, take the strap to them because I can guarantee they are not the sweet and precious baby boys you think they are! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! I need a drink...


*The past two weeks, I have dealt with incidents of boys getting caught in the bathroom rubbing themselves, coming from behind one another and grabbing the family jewels from between the legs and running off, and general filthy language about sucking dick and bitch-slapping their "girlfriends".


**I need a vacation. And a new job. Please help me.


***I love my job. Really.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like all the boys in your school have caught a case of the ghey.

    I know of a lot of people (mainly politicians) who could use a good punch in the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you feel like a nut...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, but any attempt to explain alpha male hierarchal feats of pain infliction is a clear violation of our fraternal bi-laws. Attempts to control it may just lead to the downfall of structured society as we all know it. . . . Besides, it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:09 AM

    dear lord, i feel for you sb. you don't see girls punching other girls in the chest because its fun.

    this is a little off the topic but if someone could explain this phenomenon? why do boys go from enemies to bf after a fight? I never understood this.

    friend of the "hor"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was amused when my 5th grade son came home and tells his mother out loud, "Austin called me a Freakin Pussy today in the lunch line."

    Was it wrong to tell him to Bitch Slap Austin the next time? I guess I should have told him to Nutty Buddy him instead....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff-Yeah...it's all isolated at my school. Whatever. You guys' secret is out!!

    Dyckiepoo-Come closer...I'll make you my nutty buddy.

    JT-I KNEW it!!

    Anon-Exactly! Girls do harmless things like talk behind each others' backs and write fake loveletters from the cutest boy in school to the weird girl...and we hold hands too.

    My theory on the other part is this: In my experience, boys want someone to break the fight up before there is a declared winner. This way, they don't lose face. They participated, and both parties can say they kicked a lil ass. Then it's all settled...back to being buddies. Girls, on the other hand, DO NOT STOP fighting, which is why there is tufts of hair, fingernails, and ripped clothes lying around after it's over. Bitches don't play.

    Lifer-Austin definitely needs a nutty buddy. However, I would really need to hear the events surrounding this alleged calling of a pussy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is precisely the type of behavior that leads to them being numb-nuts as adults.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you want to see creative mischief-leave it to kids!

    I hear and see your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do they say, "What's the capital of Thailand?"

    and then say, "Bang cock!!!"

    I love that one.

    Then again, I'm a 15-year-old at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:32 AM

    Those kids will grow up to be great bloggers one day.

    There's a tear in my eye as I think about it.

    Plus, I gave myself a nutty buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ro-sham-bo, it's a South Park thing. Of course when I was little it was just the little girls *AHEM* who would run around and kick the boys in the nuts - to see them fall.

    I guess I know why some of us weren't popular.

    And ok miss "I'm so not smart and technical" I LOVE your playlist!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My 10 year old is sleeping over at his friend's house. One of them is probably punching the other right now.

    Ignorance truly is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pugsley-EXACTLY!! XOXO

    Muse-Thank you...it's exhausting!

    Dr. Ken-Why am I not surprised?? ;)

    LBB-Don't hurt yourself! :)

    Horbaby-Thanks! Umm..Dyckie fixed it for me, but the tunes are ALL MINE.

    Carly-I often worry about when/if I have children. Will I suffer from acute paranoia about all the things they could be doing wrong outta my sight? I think I'm past the ignorance part when it comes to kids...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:06 AM

    This is perverse U.S. culture. Digging into the testis is common in movies and television. Children of the movies they see and imitate.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.