Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Team Up! Whatever..

Big happenings today in Mayberry. My boss is leaving to take over another school and Big C got the interim job as Head Bitch. Now while I am sad to see my boss leave, I'm ecstatic at the things Big C and I can do now! She'll be fabulous! Onward and upward, right?


NOW. The title explanation: As I mentioned in some earlier writings, Mayberry got a new Sheriff this year, and he's really rocked the boat since his takeover. Heads have rolled and shit lists have been made. One thing the Sheriff has pushed this year is the idea of the "Administrative Team". His motto has been, "Team Up!" No more secrecy, no more warring factions, just one big happy team holding hands and singing Kumbaya. So today, 5 minutes before the big staff meeting to tell everyone of all the changes, I get the information. Yes, I fucking said 5 goddamn minutes (Yes, I'll be seeing Father Liam again this week!). Never mind that this decision had been made final at 8am this morning. Never mind that those fuckers had ALL DAY to let me in on this shit. My boss tells me at bus duty, "Sassy, I wanted to tell you before the meeting so that you wouldn't be surprised, but I'm going to the other school. I'm sorry that I couldn't' tell you before, but I was told I couldn't tell anyone. " Excuse me? I'm part of the motherfucking administrative team, aren't I? And if that wasn't bad enough, when giving his farewell speech to the staff, called me by someone else's name. The lady who was there before me. The lady whose fucking shadow I've been struggling to get out of for the past 2 fucking years because she was the goddamn Super Assistant! Everyone in the room jerked their heads at me when he did this, and he didn't even realize he'd done it. Huh? I know it was an emotional time for him, but it made me feel completely shitty, and I fucking despise the pity looks the staff gave me. Then when Big C spoke, she did say something really nice about me. (Thanks, Big C! I can't wait for us to get started after the holidays.) Later, she came to my office to tell me how horrible she felt that she wasn't allowed to tell me. Then she told me how hard it was to hear him call me by the other name yet again. I really appreciated that.


So it's yet another shakedown in Mayberry. I'm sad to see the boss move on, but I'm excited about the work I can do in what I hope is the last 6 months I am there. We have a great staff, and I know things can only get better. At least I know Big C won't hide out in her office.


Still, somebody find me another job. Mayberry needs to be my past in the very near future.


And a big middle finger to the Sheriff! Team up, eh? Whatever, you asswipe!
*I'm okay, I just hate hypocrisy.

10 comments:

  1. Well then, this is probably REALLY going to suck, for me to pile on to your disappointment. But I just got a better offer from a competing blog, so I'll see you later, RevRee.

    Okay, just teasing. You're stuck with me. Wherever I do wind up, on want you on my staff, regardless.

    There. Feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (p.s. - I don't like a lady with a shadow. It makes me nervous that she may be a gal with a little something "extra")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pugsley-Just...thanks. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmm I'm not sure if you're excited or pissed... by the way rev ree... there's nothing wrong with a gal that's got a little extra... you don't ever have to worry about breaking those girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. So your incompetent boss...who is incompetent...is being REWARDED...by getting a job at another school?? I love edukation.

    Why don't you move to Richmond and TEAM UP with me, Sassypants??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. School politics are the suckiest of any other profession I know of, and I'd say it is because of all the women in education, but that would just be sexist.

    Ahem, it's true, ahem!

    Excuse me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob-I'm not sure either. I'm conflicted at the moment.

    Dyckie-One of these days, you're going to proposition me and be sorry when I take you up on it! ;)

    Dr. Ken-Frankly, politics in general suck! And stop being a woman basher! You know you love the ladies...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:11 AM

    Sassy,

    Congrats. I know you can C will do fabulous work there. I'm very happy for you.

    Ex-Hubs

    ReplyDelete
  9. And if that wasn't bad enough, when giving his farewell speech to the staff, called me by someone else's name.

    Oh, my.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, I know I say that alot but sometimes I'm just lost for words considering the crap you have to put up with on a daily.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.