Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rambling Reflection


I'm coming up on a New Year, and this is always the time I start really reflecting on what's happened the past year. I don't know that it's been all that exciting, save for one thing. But I won't talk about that. What I do want to talk about is what I hope for the new year. That's right, you bastards, this is not going to be funny or entertaining! It's going to be sappy and cryptic! Deal with it! Now join hands in a circle of love...


I hope that I do fewer things that compel me to go to confession (even though I do have a little crush on Father Liam). Shit, is that lust?! Damn! I'll get my keys...


I hope that I am a better friend to those of you that I've kind of neglected this year. You know who you are, and I'm sorry. I do love you. Now please stop laying a guilt trip on me every time we talk. It's not fair. I do have some semblance of a life of my own, you know. Bitches! (Sorry, just kidding...)


I hope that I can quell the restlessness that really grips me about every 2-3 years. I came "home" to stay, I thought. But home isn't as sweet as it used to be. (Hor, I'm coming to the Ghetto next! Maybe it's "sweet"?)


I hope that I'm not kidding myself about being restless, and that it's more about me being less happy than I think I am. That would totally suck.


I hope that I've met the last of those people who would manipulate and abuse me. I've worked in earnest to purge those people from my life the past few years. I need the peace. (Dyckerson, I said PEACE not PIECE!)


I hope peace finds those of you who desperately need it. (You know who you are!) I've heard everything you've said, and I care. Stop looking for the worst that is happening in your life this next year.


I hope that my tendency to take good care of others extends towards myself more in the new year. I just feel at my best when I'm taking care of someone else.



I hope that my grandfather truly knows how much I love him, even though my weekly visits have been haphazard lately, at best. It scares me how old he looks every time I see him.



I hope I can find the job that is right for me. I want the freedom to do what I know is right every day without always having to ask for permission. And I want a bigger office. And better pay. And more people to boss around. I'm not afraid to admit it.


I hope that I never see another Red Bull and Vodka. (Okay, maybe I don't REALLY hope that, but they are the devil, people!)


I hope I can finally make a decision on something that has been on my mind constantly. It just scares the living shit out of me.



Happy New Year! If you make resolutions, I hope you can stick to them. If you don't, I hope you know that other people don't think as much of you as you do of yourself. Everyone should have some kind of improvement plan for a new year! XOXO

PS-I also hope I don't have any injuries this next year. My torrid (albeit brief) affair with the physical therapist aside, I really thought it sucked to be on crutches and in a finger splint.

8 comments:

  1. Come on, tell me: What was the one thing that was exciting this year?

    It was when you met me, wasn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't fool ole Dyckie, can I? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now please stop laying a guilt trip on me every time we talk. It's not fair.

    A pet hate.

    I do indeed hope you have a great and refreshing new year filled with adventure and a little less torture.

    Be good, stay safe, stay cool and always warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of replacing resolutions with hopes. Let's start a new movement-like paying it forward. Do you think we could get Barry Manilow to record a New New Year's Eve song?

    Here is my hope for you...that you find something to be excited about each day this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I hope you have a wonderful 2008 and that you find freedom from even ONE thing that brings you down

    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose I could say I "resolve" to do a great many things in 2008, but in the end so few of them are truly within my control that I guess it would be more accurate to say that I "hope" certain things happen this year. Near the top of that list is that I hope you find the peace you desire. (No, not piece. Well, that too. heh).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't make resolutions, but maybe a self improvement plan is a good idea. I'll get to work on it by 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok so I'm only a week late getting caught up but you know I've been gone and you don't hate me right? :)

    Aw Sass, this year IS gonna be better for you! You're all healed up now after physical therapy and exercising and your body is probably all in love with you right now for being in shape and doesn't even want to THINK about anymore injuries.

    I'll keep praying for that job of yours, it's on my list and everything.

    And dag gummit as sweet as you are I'm pretty dang sure your Grampa knows just how much you love him. If anything consider that he's lived a full life himself and probably knows just how hectic life can be and realizes that the fact that you come out as much as you do is a big deal. (ok so that's what my dad tells me when I'm feeling guilty with him) But I think it's true.

    SO!! Coming to the Ghetto? Ya know we DO live on the coast of a beautiful body of fresh water over here, picturesque sunsets, beatiful beaches, lighthouses, lots of art and culture and the best damn mexican food around (at my house) PLUS there's lots of places to live around here that are quite nice and NOT in the Ghetto. :) Whenever I need some serious thinking and a re-fill on peace I take a walk out onto the peir and let the lake take me away. It always brings me back refreshed. :) <------Hippie fighting to break loose.

    XOXOXO's and the best of luck to you this year,

    - L

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.