Monday, March 06, 2006

Just One More Day...


Music has always threaded through my life. And in this most difficult time, music has touched me again. I heard this song on the radio today, as I scanned the channels. I remember loving this song when it came out, but I always thought it was sad. I haven't heard it in over a year, but today it literally made me weep. I had to pull over on the LBJ Freeway. I have lost my soulmate. Even though things did not work out as I would have liked, we mutually ended things amicably. He was still my best friend, trusted advisor, and the most wonderful man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing so deeply. Losing him so unexpectedly has been devastating, but I know peace has found him. So this song is for him. I'm sending it out to S, and I know he is smiling and saying, " Baby, I love you too."

One More Day

Last night I had a crazy dream
A wish was granted just for me,
It could be for anything
I didn’t ask for money,Or a mansion in Malibu
I simply wished, for one more day with you.
One more day
One more time
One more sunset, maybe I’d be satisfied
But then again
I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still for one more day with you.
First thing I’d do is pray for time to crawl
Then I’d unplug the telephone
And keep the TV off
I’d hold you every second
Say a million “I love yous”
That’s what I’d do with one more day…
With you.
~Diamond Rio
Thanks for letting me purge. Sometimes when you can't find the words, you borrow someone else's. Don't forget to tell people how much they mean to you. I am comforted to know that he knew...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, but it would be too much if people said nothing. Perhaps that doesn't make much sense,eh? I am making peace with myself, and I have never been able to do so in complete isolation. Does this mean that silly personality test is correct? Besides, I am not pregnant, and I think we are all mourning something each day...

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.