Saturday, February 04, 2006

Thank You, Thank You Very Much


I received a phone call from a good friend out in California a couple of days ago. She and I used to work together at a school out in LA, but after she married and I returned home here to TX, we've been playing some major phone tag. The conversation started with the normal catching up information. She told me how her writing is going (she's a tremendous writer, and I know she'll be famous one day), and I filled her in on my new place, new job, etc. Then the talk turned more intimate and personal, and as we always do, we philosophized about life, love, and our place in both. She paid me a wonderful compliment, and I am always deeply moved by the genuineness of her character. After we said our goodbyes, I began to reflect on the people I have met along my personal journey to knowing myself. I've come to the conclusion that I am blessed far more than I could ever articulate here. I have my oldest friends (you know who you are!), and they will always support me and know my heart better than anyone. They tell me when I screw up, when I do well, and why they love me so much when I'm letting my insecurities get the best of me. I have my newer friends, who are enriching my life with new color and inspiring me to further broaden my horizons. When I pray to God, I don't think I say enough in thanks for my wonderful posse of gals and guys. He has truly shown me His grace. So even though I am sometimes confused when things do not work out as I want, and I tell Him so, I have not failed to recognize all the ways He has blessed me. I have always believed that people come into our life with purpose, and it is the journey of friendship that realizes that purpose. So to all of you, I say, "Thank you, thank you very much." You guys are the greatest! I can only hope I am returning the favor. And hey...call me!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome and I am lucky I got to meet you this year and form a friendship with you.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.