Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Brangelina Smangelina


I was in the Walmart this evening picking up some Diet Coke. Waiting in an impossibly long line gave me a chance to browse the "magazines" that are up near the checkout. What a bunch of crap! Of the 12 or so magazines there, 10 of them featured Angelina Jolie baby news EXCLUSIVES! Woo hoo! Has the culture deteriorated so much that people are waiting with breathless anticipation for some Hollywood whore to have a baby? What makes her so special? And is it not enough that it's on the "hard news" channels all the time as well? I'm sure she's a wonderful person (possibly a Hollywood Regular: read homewrecker), but I could give a flying flip about her life, both personal and professional. Give it a rest already! I lived in Los Angeles, and I had day to day dealings with famous people. They really are people, some normal and some messed up, but they just happen to have more money. Not really too interesting altogether. Let her have her baby in peace, marry Brad Pitt, and work on her second divorce and broken home for her kids. I'm more interested in why so many people think this is news or exciting. Several friends are having kids, but I really don't want to hear all about their baby stuff on the nightly news either. People, read a book, take up knitting...anything. If you do that, we'll all get a break....of course, that's just my opinion. Live and let live, I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.