Sunday, January 29, 2006

Women, Electronics, and Man Jobs


I bought a new tv armoire today, and so I had to unhook and unplug all of my electronics. There's the tv, the surround sound system, and the dvd player/recorder. This may not sound like a lot, but there are SO MANY WIRES! It took me 4 hours to get it working, as I had to plug and unplug and move things around. And still, my dvd recorder does not work! I'm a pretty smart cookie, and I kept all of the manuals that go with my electronic devices. But have you ever looked at those pictures and figured it out? I might as well be working on the Spanish or French directions! One of my rear surround sound speakers had its wire mysteriously disappear in all the uproar, and for the life of me, I cannot find it anywhere. For the love of pete, why can't they make this stuff easier for gals like me?! Grrr! I stopped several times for a crying break, I threw some coaxial cables at the dogs, and I think I might have broken my toe when I kicked the couch. Seriously. This is one of those times where I really need to consider getting a man. These kinds of things are man jobs; feminism be damned! It's like changing the oil or moving furniture. Those are man jobs, and women should not be crossing over into man job territory. It sets a dangerous precedent. I don't care if it makes me look weak, I just want my furniture moved, my oil to be changed properly, and my damn Tivo to work! Is that too much to ask? I gotta go ice my toe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.