Friday, January 02, 2009

Welcome 2009...You Bitch!

Happy New Year everyone!! I trust you are all recovered from the celebration? Although I normally look for any reason to imbibe large quantities of champagne, I was very moderate this year. Mostly because I didn't want to encourage my pants to text people without permission nor did I want to throw up on Roach Clip. Yes, I spent the evening at a lame ass party at a hotel downtown with Roach Clip. Now, don't get me wrong, I like parties for the most part. There's plenty of people to dazzle with my engaging conversational style and rapier-sharp wit (much less indulge my own delusions, eh?). Now I know what you are thinking: Why is she bitching about actually having a date and plans on New Year's Eve? So okay, I'm not really bitching per se. I just have never had much patience with the eternally pretentious uptown crowd. I'm not really "into" the "in crowd". I'm just not. Perhaps it was all the time I spent in Lost Angeles. Maybe I'm just getting old. Who knows? Very little about such things engages my cerebral cortex. I did enjoy myself the first part of the evening, but once the ball drops, people get entirely too annoying for me. I think I have mentioned my distaste for strangers touching me. Why is it that people think it's okay to try to kiss on complete strangers after midnight? I'm not any kind of big germaphobe, but ewww! Keep your spittle to yourself, bitches! Poor Roach Clip was not the pillar of restraint in the alcohol department, which also annoyed me since I had to deal with his drunk ass until 2am. I finally had had enough and stuck his ass in a cab and sent him home. At least I hope he made it home. I haven't heard from him as yet. Now before you start judging me, I'll have you know that we are not serious. At least I'm not serious about him. We're really just friends, but he insists on trying to segue most every outing into some kind of situation where I might consent to have sex with him. It's not that he's a bad guy. It's not that I don't find him attractive. But I don't wish to pursue anything too serious with him, and I have my suspicions that one night of doing the deed would change him into a Stage One Clinger. No, not because I am so spectacular in the sack (hey, I've not had any complaints, so shut the hell up!). Mostly because he's that kind of guy. Plus, he's hit 40 and doesn't want to be alone. He's said as much in our many conversations, so I can say this with conviction. And quite frankly, I'm not going to be the one some lonely sad sack "settled" for, nor will I settle. But hey, I got semi-molested at a New Year's party, so that's more action than I've seen in..well, a while. Gotta find that silver lining, right?

So, as you know, I always have hopes for each new year. I don't really like the word "resolution", so I have hopes. I won't bore you any longer by posting them all, but I will say this:

I hope you all have a peaceful and prosperous 2009. I hope that you find what you are looking for, meet all your expectations, do what you most desire, or whatever. I'm working on a few hopes myself for this year, and I will build on my hopes from 2008. Thank you all for stopping in once and awhile and making me laugh. I really love to laugh...

XOXO

8 comments:

  1. So lemme get this straight: You spent NYE at the fabulous Motel Six in downtown Red Oak and watched some guy drop his balls? Meanwhile the pups were left to celebrate all alone?? Inexcusable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have you beat girl, I spent NYE with the scum of the earth...In the county hospital with my sister, who, somehow chipped her hip. More than 40 hours later...and home I go...no huggin nor a'smoochin' here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dyckerson-Stop that!!

    Fallen Angel-So sorry to hear that! Looks like you'll have to make up for it double time in the days the come! ;)

    PS-Hope your sister is well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the highest level of Clinger?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to assume that one of the many resolutions you should have been busy making, involves less roachclip and more canine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can anyone be serious about a guy who's nickname is "Roach Clip"? Even if no one knows about it, in your head you'd always know him as Roach Cliip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryan!! I believe a Clinger is categorized in a way so that 1 is the highest. At least in my book it is.

    Pugsley, my sweet, you mustn't be jealous. Roach Clip and I are just friends... ;)

    Christie-Okay, so it's not really his nickname..I actually gave him that name to protect his anonymity in my blog posts. His real name is Craig. LOL But maybe I did shoot myself in the foot with naming him that, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:52 PM

    Awww .. you are so sweet. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.