Friday, July 04, 2008

Don't You Want Me?


Well folks, it's back to Mayberry for another year. Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean, I love the fine folks in Mayberry! They are not only kind, they are mostly a lot of fun. However, Mayberry is not a place that will allow me to move forward professionally before reaching my 50s. A dead end you say? Yes, I'm afraid so. I'm sure at some point, I'll tire of the kindness and fun...and the small paycheck. But hey, I'm taking steps to move closer to Mayberry if for no other reason than to stop the senseless rape that occurs to me endlessly at the gas pump. I cannot continue to be a victim of such violence! So my new commute will be about 10-15 minutes versus the 45 minutes I've maintained for the past 3 years. I'll no longer be a homeowner, but ask me how sad I am about not pouring anymore of my hard-earned cash into this godforsaken money pit. Anywho, the real reason for this post is to ask you for a job. (No,
Dyckerson, not THAT kind of job! Jesus H. Christ you're a perv!)


So here are my qualifications: I'm an experienced educator. I have an enviable and impressive amount of diverse experience that should make me attractive and valuable to most any organization. I have a masters degree and will be working on my doctorate in the next 3 years. I'm a problem solver and damn good at it! I'm dependable, responsible, and extremely loyal. I care about my coworkers. I am excellent in crisis situations (ask anyone!). I have no police record, and my driving record is surprisingly clean.  I'm certified to restrain you, and I can do so without hurting anything more than your pride. I am certified to deliver first aid and CPR. I'm certified to teach and manage and evaluate both adults and children. I read pretty well and quite often. Most people think I'm the shit (seriously, most people do like me). I'm in relatively good health (maybe a little chubbier than I would like, but I'm committed to taking care of that), but I've only filed one workers comp complaint ( a rotten board at a stadium was certainly not MY fault). I have low blood pressure and high energy. I have a strong work ethic, and a sunny disposition.  I love dogs, and well, they love me too. Well, most animals really. Children of all ages love me. I'm generally told that I make people laugh, both at me and with me. I'm all the rage at weddings and barbecues. I have a Tivo. I have big boobs. I'm a hugger. I wear clean underwear. I bake. I go to confession (although to be honest, that's dropped off a bit since Father Liam took that post in Bolivia). I look people in the eye and have a firm handshake. Although I do enjoy alcoholic beverages on occasion, I'm drug and disease free. I'm from Texas, but I've lived on both coasts and actually want to move away again.  I mean seriously, why wouldn't someone offer me a position with more money and a bigger office? What the hell is going on? What does a gal have to do to move up around here? 

If my qualifications might meet your needs, please inquire within. Serious inquiries only, please. I'm pretty busy around here as it is. 

*You might also remember that I own a gun and know how to use it. Thanks!

19 comments:

  1. First! Yeah! Take THAT, beotches! Okay, let me go back and read the post ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big boobs AND a firm handshake? Those go nicely together. Let's do a meet and greet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pugsley, just what position are you offering?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my openings is General Manager, but it involves a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your credentials are very impressive! I would like to arrange an interview right away! How about tonight at my place?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pugsley-Was that a proposal? ;)

    Dyckie-Just what position will I interview for? And why is it at your place? I don't know that it's safe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds to me like you're really qualified to be a topless multi-tasking pediatric pet therapist. Best of luck.
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gee, thanks Jake. I'll look that up on Monster.com...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking for someone to work in the office but with all the qualifications, for what I am asking for (a secretary) I would feel bad for what I could offer you, which would be a secretary's salary. So good luck on the job search. With all of those qualifications, your resume should catch quite a few eyes. But if you know anyone in Houston that is looking for a job that wants to do office work for a small business, send them my way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing catches an employer's eye quicker than a CDL. And when you can drive a school bus without killing yourself or the kids, the world becomes your oyster.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drywall Mom-Thanks but I'm sticking with my education gig! :) I don't know anyone in Houston who needs a job, but I wish you luck!

    Mrs. B-I actually used to have a CDL when I coached! LOL It has since expired though... :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. No thanks necessary. "Helping" is my thing

    *said with toothpick in corner of mouth and a tip of the hat*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:01 AM

    Good luck! I too am trying to get a job and get the hell out of b.f.e ga and go back to the land of pretty people. If I get it I'll send for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's fine, but good luck on your job search.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm trying to figure out why there is a link to my site for your big boobs. I mean, I like them as much as the next guy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dr. Ken-I was calling you, in jest of course, a "big boob"... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. You bring me closer to God!

    Nine Inch Nails, ftw.

    You've got a great taste in music.

    Hired.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:46 PM

    I'd hire you on the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Orhan-Gosh...thanks! :)

    LBB-I love you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.