Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hit and Miss

So I went for this job interview out in the Carolinas. It was unexpected, and they flew me out and put me up for a few days so that they could send me to various groups of people who asked me the same questions over and over. Seriously, answering the same questions from 9am-6pm nonstop is exhausting...and I know that they must think I had canned answers. But seriously, ask me a new line of fucking questions then! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!  Anywho, long story short, I didn't get the job but another invitation to come back to go through another round of interviews in the fall. Huh? WTF??! Turns out, they did a quickie search for the position, got my file from my recruiter and thought they'd only interview me. Now, this could be rather disturbing, eh? I mean, I'm the only person they interview, yet they don't like me enough to give me the goddamn job? I was a bit upset...okay, I threw shit and cursed their names...I really wanted this particular job, and they had thwarted my ambitions! But my recruiter called to talk me off the ledge with an explanation that made much more sense.  And he also said that I have the edge when I go back for a second round of interviews since I've met some people and they "know" me in a way. Of course, then he followed it up with "if you are still available when they finally decide to pull the trigger." I heart my recruiter. He thinks I'm the shit..for real. The trip was generally a good one except that I got stuck overnight at an airport (will the dark cloud of travel always follow me??) on my way back home. The bright spot there is that I got to enjoy the company of several officers in our fine military. Cute boys in uniform? Who am I to complain? These poor guys had just spent 30 hours coming back from Iraq! Seems sandstorms delay flights there. Who knew? 


Next on my agenda is a move to a new place. I'm leaving my current shit hole money pit and moving into a tiny rental near work. It might as well be a dollhouse, but it has a fenced yard and the lady loves my dogs. Finding somewhere to live when you have 4 dogs is not as easy as one might imagine. I'll have to store A LOT of my stuff in a storage unit, but the rent is dirt cheap, and my credit cards are screaming in agony for some relief. Maybe some sucker will buy this pit of hell along with its bastard demons..um HOA. I'm going to let them know I'm number one when I drive away from here! The only thing I'll miss terribly is the pool. I do love to float around and work on my skin cancer. *And I'll live kinda more in the boondocks, but being 10 minutes from my work is a good thing in terms of time and gasoline since we are being bent over by the oil companies. 

So sorry folks, I got nothing funny going on right now. Perhaps a childhood trauma...I mean story soon. 

*My friend out in Lost Angeles says gas has officially hit $5/gallon. Holy shit! I'd have to walk everywhere or hitch a ride with the day laborers to get to work around there!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't get the job. Gas prices are awful. My plan was to not drive my car all summer, but then I had to sink 4k into it. Kind of threw a monkey wrench in my shiznit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Ken-Thanks! And that car business...completely sucks! Public transportation not available, or you just choose the wiser path? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:49 PM

    I feel your pain with such an interview nightmare. But at least you've become a real pro when it comes to answering interviewers' questions. That'll come in handy very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My poor sassy molassey! Fuck that two bit school! You are destined for better things! How would you like to be my personal assistant??! It doesn't pay anything, but you'll be gaining invaluable experience. Come on over to my place and audition...I mean interview!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The interviews I hate are the ones that lure you in...take up your time...make you believe that you have hope and all the while you are really fulfilling their "outside search" for candidates!

    Gas prices suck the big lebowski! Have no fear obama mccain is here...Shit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're on my short list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muse-Tell me about it, sister!

    Pugsley-MMMWAH!

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.