Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Wisdom Of The Universe


Well people, I got the call. Looks like I won't be at a new job this coming school year, but while I'm disappointed, I was heartened by what they told me. Evidently, I made the top 2, but they felt the other candidate was a better "fit" for this particular position. It's a new school that they are opening, so I'm thinking that I lost out to a more experienced candidate and a better personality fit with the principal. Both important in the job game. They were "impressed" with my ideas and enthusiasm, and they "strongly" encouraged me to apply next year as they anticipate more openings. So, I must bow to the wisdom of the universe that says I am meant to stay in my current position, long commute and all, for another year. Luckily, I am happy with the actual job, so I am no worse for the wear.

Thank you all for your well wishes. It's back to Mayberry in a few weeks. I'll keep my application with them updated and reapply next year to the "golden district". I'm confident that I will get there sometime in the near future.


8 comments:

  1. Dolts! What could they have been smoking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFG-I KNOW! I'm absolutely fabulous!

    Aww...Dyck..thanks. I'll consider that. Really. What are your credentials and experience with teaching sex ed? And I think TFG is a bit overqualified for the janitorial position, although I'm sure he'll be happy to know that you thought about him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:39 PM

    Sassy,

    Good luck next year, you will still do awesome in Mayberry. Call TG, and ride together more often. Save some gas :)

    Bartman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything happens for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bartman-Thanks! It's all good.

    Lindygirl-Your poem was exquisite. I shall save it and post it on my mirror. XOXO

    Jenny-I totally agree. I always get what I want. Sometimes it just takes longer than I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonofabitch! I just got a call from another district for another position I applied for like 4 months ago. So I'm going on another interview at a "non golden" district, but a nice place nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no teaching credentials...but TONS of real world experience. Plus I have an endless supply of bananas to use for the condom demonstrations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your success is in your stride and you handle it well. Obviously it is all just a matter of time :)

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.