Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wanted: Standing Wedding Date


So this year alone, I've attended 4 weddings. The 5th wedding was yesterday. It was a nice wedding, and the bride and groom looked very pretty and very happy. Of course, they are all of 23 or 24 yrs old. But I have confidence in the union being a lasting one. But, let me get to the real meat of this post. I'm single, and as such, weddings propose (no pun intended) an unusual challenge for me. When I receive an invitation, there's the dreaded reception RSVP where you have to put whether or not you have a plus one. God I hate that shit! I actually took my friend (who is a girl) to the wedding yesterday because she at least knows the bride and groom, and we crack each other up. Plus, she drove and I loaded up on champagne. But what I really need is that one person who will just be my standing wedding date, preferably male. Someone who won't freak out that they are being asked to attend a wedding (read=this chick must want to marry me because she's taking me to a wedding). That is where the crux of the problem lies. I'm not Miss America, but no one would be ashamed to be seen out with me in public, and I clean up pretty nice. I tend to only go to the weddings that have open bars. I am social and tend to hook up with fun people to hang out with at weddings. I don't expect my date to kick in for the gift. Shit, I even prefer to drive. Plus, I'm one hell of a fun drunk, if not a bit touchy-feely. No strings attached, gentlemen. So explain to me why I can't find this one person to be my standing plus one? Come on, guys, get over yourselves! There's no real pressure here. As long as you don't insult the wedding party, dance on the table, or burp/fart loudly enough for anyone but the immediate table to hear, or have a stick up your ass, I'm pretty sure it would be a good time. So, if you are interested in interviewing for this position, which always includes booze and cake, please let me know. It would make my life a hell of a lot easier. I have 2 more weddings before August, so I'm looking to fill this position in a timely manner.

18 comments:

  1. Look no further! Dyckerson is here!! I have a powder blue suit, a pair of white buck shoes, and an assortment of golden chains. Plus, I have charm just squirting out of my ass. When's the next wedding??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dyck-Do you really think I care what you wear?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:42 PM

    How about simultaneously dancing on the table, belching insults at the wedding party, and farting sticks in a projectile manner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ATG-None of that works for me, but what you do on your own time is none of my business...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm game. I've even been practicing belching the Wedding March, in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TFG-Impressive! How loud is this Wedding March? Loud enough to entertain a table yet quiet enough not to give the bride's granny a coronary?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds very appealing. I'll ask my wife if she minds me helping a blogfriend, but I'm guessing the "touchy-feely" part might not go over well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sgt-Um, I imagine not! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:14 AM

    What do you mean, 'my own time'? How do you think I make money?

    I tell ya, nothing like the internet to help a showbiz career...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:04 PM

    Thanks for swinging by! We would never be good wedding dates. We would have to hire a driver because I love champagne and I am always prettier in my white dress than the bride.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Lindygirl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. DD-You're probably right! You can come with me to the weddings where I don't like the bride but can't pass up the open bar.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Sassy,

    I would gladly offer my services. At least you know me kinda well, and I don't mind your touchy feely at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to know how you determine which weddings have an open bar. Do you ask the bride?

    LOL

    Hey, if you can find said guy to attend weddings with you - can I borrow him occasionally?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anon-That might be creepy in the long run, dontcha think? lol

    Cruiser-Religious affiliation, of course! That's what determines booze at a wedding. And you have a boy toy, why would you need a loaner?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so right about the religious affiliation. Methodists throw fantastic receptions!

    As for Boy Toy J, he works on Saturdays and besides, there's usually good pickins at weddings.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.