Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Want To Be a Profiler...

Confession time, people. I am addicted to crime shows. My Tivo is overrun with "Cold Case", "City Confidential", "American Justice", "The First 48", any CSI, "Dallas SWAT" and my favorite, "Profiler". It was really the predecessor to all the crime shows we have now, in my opinion. Have you seen this show? I watched it back in the late 1990s, and I hated that it ended..mostly because it was very abruptly with no decent resolution to the main storyline in the show. Lo and behold if my lovely Tivo didn't find it for me in syndication though! Robert Davi aka Bailey Malone...can you say sexy? A just off the soaps Julian McMahon pre-Charmed and Nip/Tuck...still want to have hot, steamy, dirty sex with him...and have his baby. The real person I watched the show for was the lead, Sam Waters, an FBI criminal profiler portrayed by the beautiful Ally Walker. Her job rocked on that show, even if some demented evil shitbag was ruining her life. I'm a person that likes puzzles and has an eye for detail, so I often try to convince myself that I'm waaay qualified to work for the FBI. Yeah. Right. But like Sam, how cool would it be to put away the sick and twisted and maintain the "Office Hottie" slot as well? But anyway, crime and detective work really fascinates me. I dated a homicide detective briefly in my younger days, but I think he felt I had an unhealthy obsession with his work. Maybe that's why it didn't work out....or maybe because he was 20 yrs older than me, I don't know. Does this mean I'm a police groupie? A crime hor? God, I hope not.

*But the real crime is why the Seasons 1-4 DVDs have been on my wish list for years yet not one of my family members has thought to purchase them for me. (Did I mention that I'm a big believer in wish lists and that you should never put anything you will buy yourself on one?)

9 comments:

  1. I have a friend who's a homicide detective. His job is really murder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I'm sure it's a real killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop it, you two. You're killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuck I'm just not funny like you guys. Ya'llve got that killer instict as to what's funny.

    Oooooo LOVE cold case. And wish lists? My mom named me Lindy Star ____. After the linde star "stone" that was all the rage like 25 years ago.
    You'd think they might GIVE me one! Sometime in 25 years?? HELLO??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could I be your sidekick? That would be cool getting to have a gun! We could have killer outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TFG-Sending you a murderous stare..

    Lindygirl-You kill me.

    Jenny-Sure you can be my partner, but the shoes we have to wear will be murder on your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys slay me!

    Crime hor? Yeah, sounds like you've diagnosed yourself there. I love those shows, too.... the ones that are true. A&E's City Confidential is awesome! Sometimes if I'm home sick from work, I'll turn on Court TV and just sit there mesmerized. Love love love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats cool, I can handle self-inflicted wounds!

    Sorry, that was lame...better sounding in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love am addicted to COld Case, CSI and Shark. All of them rock

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.