Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Confession




I have an addiction. I'm ashamed of this addiction. I'm addicted to Dancing with the Stars. Yes, I know it's sad. Yet, I will rearrange my whole schedule on Mondays and Tuesdays to make sure I see it in real time. No TiVo version does it for me. Watching all the dancing and the criticisms, I find myself most often wishing that I could be a professional ballroom dancer. Then, I could "dance with the stars". The only problem? I can't dance. Sure, I can do the Wham! or Belinda Carlisle dance from the 80s, but real dancing would require grace and elegance. Two things I do not possess. Plus, my legs are too short. Yes, I was a decent athlete in my younger days, but dancing on these chicken legs? I think not. They work for basketball but not ballroom. Edyta and Julianne have the most amazingly long legs. Sure, my brothers and sisters were blessed in the gene pool and got long legs, but what did I get? Stumps. Thanks, mother. It's more shit I can blame you for. That list is getting longer and longer. Now I'm adding your messed up genes. But I digress...Who will win? Will it be Joey? Apolo? Laila? I can't stand it! I love Joey, but Apolo is amazing! I like Laila, but I wouldn't necessarily say she's the winner here. She's a bit cocky. And yes, I vote. I have voted every week online. How big of a tard does that make me? I don't vote on any other shows. I think it's stupid. But Dancing with the Stars? I. Must. Vote.
Seriously folks, are you not addicted to this show too? Please tell me you can relate? If not, what is your guilty pleasure? I might need more shows for my TiVo.
*Phoning this one in because I'm more worn out than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. Like The Boss I want to kill everyone who opens their mouth this week. But my reason is because they are all asshats.

6 comments:

  1. Wait a frickin' minute here - Apollo is still in it? Someone steered me wrong because I was told he got off'd weeks ago. G-dammit. I stopped watching after that. Phooey. He's darling! I wasn't so much into him in the Olympics, but this year he was lookin' good and I thought he was dancing beautifully. Sheesh. I'll check it next week I guess (unless he got off'd tonight...)

    My guilty pleasure? American Idol. And yeah - not on dvr either. I won't answer the phone during AI. (or Grey's Anatomy, another guilty pleasure)

    I get like you & tfg at least once a week. People really ARE asshats - often. Why can't they be cool like us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asshats are bastards and should have to wear a t-shirt announcing their presence. And shock collars.

    Guily pleasure???

    Greys Anatomy
    House

    I will put off sex for an hour and THEN put out therefore not getting enough sleep two nights a week just to watch my lovely lovely shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cruiser-I consider Grey's a "real" show. I stop everything and do not answer the phone, door, or any other call when "Lost" and "Grey's Anatomy" is on.

    Lindygirl-Amen! Maybe we should design t-shirts in Ghostbusters vein with the red circle with the slash through the middle. I wonder if my graphic artist friends could come up with an ass with a cowboy hat on it? That would rrrrrock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch much TV, but my guily pleasure is Delilah, which is a syrupy, sappy, nightime DJ in rural and southern radio markets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TFG-OMG! I'm familiar with Dee-lii-lahhh. I can hear the promo now! And her voice saying, "Darling, what can I play for you?" Why is it those idiots always ask her to play a song after pouring out their guts? Isn't the reason you would call a request line to request a specific song that you were thinking about for your great love? Tell me, do you cry a little when you listen in? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog this morning and stopped to read.

    I love love love Dancing With The Stars. It's not something I usually tell people, but this is the internet and I am anonymous so it doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.