Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's Drama...I Know


My stepmother really bugs the shit out of me! I find it so difficult to believe my dad and she are married. Now, a little backstory: My father has been married 6 times (although he married two of the women twice). So to say that the problem could be him would not be a stretch. However, after he lived 49 years as a bipolar before being medicated, I tend to give him a bit of a pass on some things. Anyway, in 2006 my father married my second stepmother again. They share my twin brothers together, so there's a stronger bond than most of his ex wives other than my own mother (though my mother has never been any real part of my siblings and my lives since I was about 8 yrs old). So after not speaking for nearly 20 yrs, my father and my stepmother reunited and swore to all of us that they are truly "soulmates" (gag). About 3-4 months after they remarried, they moved up to Idaho. My father lived in Idaho through most of my college years, and he loved it. He only moved back to Texas after his last divorce. Ever since they've been gone, she has been controlling the information. I swear, if I didn't call him and speak to him directly, I'd think she killed him and was covering it up! She sends out these mass emails to everyone in her family (like I know them or care!) and to my brothers, sister, and me. Now this would seem really nice to most people, but the tone of the emails just pisses me off. My father had a serious liver problem about 6 months ago, yet she DID NOT tell my sister or myself. Somehow, she told her two sons and my older brother, but when my sister and I found out, her excuse was, "Your dad didn't want anyone to know" bullshit. My father could have DIED, and this bitch keeps that information from us? She didn't seem to have any problem with her vow of silence when she was spilling the beans to my brothers! After it was out, then came the emails that were more about how she was holding up through his illness! After about the 4th email, I called my sister and told her that throughout all of these emails there was this "poor me" victim song when it was our father that was ill! Now I know this all sounds so dramatic, but she's a bit self-centered.

So, my sister and I have always been close to my dad. We took care of him just as much as he took care of us. For most of my adolescence, he was single, so the women who did show up and date my dad often tried to do two things: 1) be our best girlfriend and 2) compete with us for my dad's attention/affection. Stupid activities, both of them. We always came first, and if we didn't like one of those hussies, she was gone pretty damn quick. But we were good kids, and we were never overtly rude or nasty to any of them. When I was 10, my dad was dating and then married my stepmother. It lasted about 4 years, and we were close to her and our twin brothers. Then my dad pretty much ruined it, and she up and left, babies in tow. That would start a bitter, 20 yr silence between them. Only lawyers talked to one another, and she kept the twins from my father for 15 of those 20 years. In the process, she kept them from us too. I'm not sure I have forgiven that, even if my father has. Long story short, now it seems that this second time around, my stepmother is really on some kind of strange power trip with my sister and I where my father is concerned. She even answers his freakin' cell phone! About 1 out of every 3 calls I make to him are answered by her. Stupid bitch! Like she's the information control officer or something. Here's a typical conversation with her when she answers my dad's cell phone (she has her own cell phone, you know):

Me: Hey Juju, I was trying to reach Daddio.
Her: Oh he's taking a nap. We worked late and my back has been bothering me....blah blah blah (for about 10 minutes).
Me: Yea, great. Let him know I called.
Her: Well how are you? How is work? What about the love life?
Me: All is well. Just let Daddy know I called.
Her: Okay sweetie. We love you! Bye!

Ugh! Either my father does not know she's answering his phone a third of the time, or he's got some form of narcolepsy. NO ONE naps that much! My dad is an active guy. He's only 57 for the love of Mike! Damn, she gets on my last nerve! So the last time she sent the mass email, she reminded "you girls" (referring to my sister and I) not to forget to call my father on his birthday (even though she knows we are so busy). WTF? I've yet to miss wishing my father a happy birthday yet in the 30 plus years I could talk no matter what was going on in my life, so I need that bitch to remind me? And in a mass email to EVERYONE on both sides of the family...as if my sister and I are somehow ingrates and birthday haters?? We were LIVID (maybe I still am a little)! So what I've decided to do is send a mass email to both sides of the family with a list of things she shouldn't forget to do this month, since she's so busy with her head up her ass! Perhaps I'll publish it here later with the replies I get back from the family. Should be riveting!

Hey Juju! Kiss my big white ass, you stupid bitch!

6 comments:

  1. The last line would make a great Hallmark card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    That has to be truly frusterating...

    I would love to know how the mass email goes... let me know! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shmamber-got another this morning! This one had a reminder to her mom of when my dad's birthday was. Too bad she was off by one day, the stupid cow!

    TFG-I'm thinking I'll send it in and see if Hallmark will hire me on a part-time basis. I need the extra money...

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome. that mass email sounds like a horrible idea which makes it truly an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed you're linked to my site an figured I'd check you out.

    I've been missing out!

    OMG What a MEGA BEOTCH you've got there. I'm getting all riled up just thinking about it. She is definitely on an "I have to be the #1 woman in his life" trip. That sux.

    And the "poor me" thing she does when HE'S sick? Oh that fuckin pisses me off so much I can't stand it. My ex did that for like a year when I was in and out of the hosp. so I TOTALLY get it and it's just lame. Nevermind Beotch, she's a bitch.

    How can someone be that bitchy, rude, condecending, and evil without feeling guilty about it? What does she REALLY think she's doing?

    No offense to your Dad but holy shit I could not IMAGINE forgiving someone for keeping my kids away from me for 15 years.

    You should send out your own mass e-mails like you said and be all normal with nice stuff and then remind her to take her menapause horomone replacements and recomend she look into "once monthly Boniva."

    And next year beat her to the punch and remind HER to not forget your dads birthday. (while your at it remind her about her kids birthdays too because you "know she's so stressed out over your dad being sick."

    Pendeja.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hor pages! I swear, like I always post at Ok, Seriously: I need better friends! You guys seem to have way more fun than the average bear...

    Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.