Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dear God, Thank You

STARS FORCE GAME SEVEN!

Dear God,

Thank you for Marty Turco. Yes, I know he's been known to choke in my beloved Dallas Stars' quest for playoff glory the past couple of years, but he has kept his ass in the net the past few games, and we even won a pivotal game in Vancouverland tonight. Thank you for bringing us Mr. Mike Ribeiro. It is because of him that I have forgiven you for allowing the exit of Billy Guerin and the addition of Eric Lindros (although Big E has been a pleasant surprise when healthy). Mr. Ribeiro has changed the very definition of tenacity over this year. I don't want to forget Jeff Halpern or Brendan Morrow, as they have some wicked good hockey skills too. Also, please continue to bless Sergei Zubov, Trevor Daly, Stu Barnes, Stephan Robidas, Darryl Sydor, Philip Boucher, Ladislav Nagy and all the Swedes and Finns whose names I cannot spell but love nonetheless wearing the black and green, Lehtinen most particularly.


And as always, my ultimate thank you for Mike Modano. Even though he has yet to realize that I am his one true love and future wife, I know you will not allow him to marry and procreate with that dumbass bitch.


In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen.


3 comments:

  1. And I thought that Canadians were the only true fans....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...15 yr veteran hockey lover and still going strong! I almost pissed my pants (okay, maybe I did a little) when the North Stars came to Dallas!! That made it cheaper for me to get my hockey fix...no more paying the satellite company a small fortune for CBC coverage and the like!

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.