Monday, March 31, 2008

Shit! You Should Just Stay Home...


**The above title was given to me by a friend while having dinner. And he doesn't even know I have a blog!**


Recently, I've had the opportunity to travel via airplane twice in the past two weeks. What's that you say? Lucky me? Well, while I would tend to agree with you overall, I seem to have somewhere gotten stuck under the dark cloud of travel. Here's a short synopsis of my trips:


1. I was stuck at the airport in Dallas for some 8.5 hours due to storms and possible tornadoes. When I finally did get my ass on a plane, I missed my connection in Atlanta, the black hole of airport cities. I made it to Asslanta about 1am, and while the airline graciously gave me a discounted hotel room voucher, the luggage jockeys at the airport lost my bag. Finally, at 2:30am, they located my bag (it had apparently been stuck in the chute, and I got to spend a whopping 4 hours at the hotel, sleeping for 3 and showering and such for one, only to have to return to the airport to catch the first available flight to my destination. On the way back, I got delayed again...in Asslanta. That airport sucks huge, hairy balls! Plus, they weren't very friendly. Now this wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been on my way for a fucking job interview. So I basically looked like hammered shit for the all -day job interview at some fancy school in Maryland of which I didn't end up getting the job anyway.


2. On my second trip out east, my connection was in Memphis. Memphis, unlike Asslanta, is a great airport full of friendly and helpful souls. My only mistake there was deciding that I needed some coffee at the Starbitches for the first time in over a year. So I'm waiting in line, and there is a couple in front of me arguing. They appear to be Latin, as the expletives were in both English and Spanish. As we reach the waiting area to collect our beverages, the crazy Latin bitch takes her scalding hot coffee and throws it at her boyfriend/husband/lover, whatever. Turns out he's quite agile, and jumps quickly to avoid most of the hot liquid...so the rest hits me on the right side of my goddamn face! Evidently, I must have called out and jumped back, causing me to lose my balance and fall on my ass. As I'm sitting there thinking I've most likely been disfigured by some crazy bitch, the airport people bring the first aid kit and put me in a chair. As it turned out, I had streaked, angry red scald marks across my left cheek and lip. Thankfully, none of it got to my eye. Yep, it was starting to blister and hurt like a sonofabitch! While all of this was happening, myself and about 6 others were being paged at the gate. It was quite a ruckus, and so I was wheeled to the gate (oh, did I forget to mention they put me in a ridiculous wheelchair??), I arrived to find out that the flight I was on was severely oversold, and so they were putting me and a half dozen others on a flight that left later. Fabulous. So when I arrived at my destination, the rental car counter was already closed, so I had no way to get my rental car. Yes, stuck at the airport again. On my return trip, I got another weather delay. I made it home almost exactly 12 hours after arriving at the departure airport. Another fantastic trip, ladies and gentlemen.


So there you have it. And in case you're wondering, I'm looking like some reject from Extreme Makeover with my face all peeling and disgusting looking, particularly the right side of my upper lip. So now, I'm more hideous than ever! Want a lil kiss, y'all?


**Father Liam will most definitely be seeing me this week, but I'm tempted to wait until my lip heals and is less noticeable. I don't want him to think he needs to heal any lepers.


***Some children today asked me if I had a staph infection on my lip. WTF? EWWWW!! I'm a monster!!

12 comments:

  1. Maybe travel by Greyhound isn't that bad after all. Your travel over the past week does indeed suck big hairy balls.

    I've been on hundreds of flights and getting bumped in London while dealing with a sinus infection is as bad as it got for me. With not enough cash to find a hotel for the night (the next flight to Chicago was the next day) I just had them re-book me on the next available flight east of the Mississippi - into Newark. Yay. That ended up being better, but not by much - it's still New Jersey...

    Job hunting all the way up in the northeast? Are you ready for the climate change if you move that far north?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, it's a fact now: travel ghoulies are contagious. Welcome to my world.

    So sorry about your burn. Whattabitch. Would that count as attempted...something...in court? I'm only half joking, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sassy,
    Here's a working title

    "Why you should never fly to a state where people say -Yaaalllll-"

    Catchy, No?

    Hope you feel better.
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, actually I hate the Yankees. :)So let me change that...

    -Why you should never fly from an airport where the NTSB folks accept "I Recon" as an answer.-

    Better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Here's the perfect title: Transferred Intent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Pains, flames, and automobiles"

    Sorry your trip sucked, but at least you weren't that nipple ring lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jake-I reckon you might be on to something...(whatever!)

    LBB-The trip wasn't all bad, I guess. Perhaps I'm a bit dramatic?? ;)

    Redline-LOL I like it! And yes, I always remember to remove my nipple rings before a trip...(ouch!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tale of lost luggage reminds me...I think I've got something stuck in my poop chute. Would you climb out of your wheelchair and check for me??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dyckie-Certainly...I'm glad to help. Let me get my crowbar...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Air Travel, an exciting way to see the World Of Airport Terminals. An HGTV Special Report.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did that coffee-throwing crotchwaffle at least apologize to you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would still be willing to make sweet love to you despite the injuries. We'll simply hide them under a Starbucks bag to protect them and aid the healing process, mi amor.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.