Monday, November 19, 2007

A Quickie Before I Go

Well, I'm leaving for my trip to Denver today (in about 7 hours! Woo Hoo!), and although I wasn't going to post anything, there's this song that I heard over two weeks ago, and it's stuck in my head. It's by a country artist named Miranda Lambert, and she just so happens to date another country artist, Blake Shelton, whom I've known since he was a bratty kid. I went to college with his bitch sister, was her dorm RA actually, and well...I forget where I'm going with this. Anywho, it's a connection that was unexpected. But it's a touching song of a woman waiting on her man to walk through the door...so she can blow his ass away. So, this is obviously a love song:



Gunpowder and Lead


County road 233, under my feet
Nothin' on this white rock but little ole me
I've got two miles till, he makes bail
And if I'm right we're headed straight for hell

I'm goin' home, gonna load my shotgun
Wait by the door and light a cigarette
If he wants a fight well now he's got one
And he ain't seen me crazy yet
He slap my face and he shook me like a rag doll
Don't that sound like a real man?
I'm going to show him what a little girl's made of
Gunpowder and lead


It's half past ten, another six pack in
And I can feel the rumble like a cold black wind
He pulls in the drive, the gravel flies
He don't know what's waiting here this time

I'm goin' home, gonna load my shotgun
Wait by the door and light a cigarette
If he wants a fight well now he's got one
And he ain't seen me crazy yet
He slap my face and he shook me like a rag doll
Don't that sound like a real man?
I'm going to show him what a little girl's made of
Gunpowder and lead

His fist is big but my gun's bigger
He'll find out when I pull the trigger

I'm goin' home, gonna load my shotgun
Wait by the door and light a cigarette
If he wants a fight well now he's got one
And he ain't seen me crazy yet
He slap my face and he shook me like a rag doll
Don't that sound like a real man?
I'm going to show him what a little girl's made of

Gunpowder and lead

*Not what I'd call a lyrical masterpiece, but it's rockin' and rowdy...which I love. I'm not normally into pissed off girl songs unless it's old Alanis Morissette, but I like this Lambert chick's style! Plus, any man that would slap me around would get the end of my gun too.

**Stop bitching that it's country! Jeez! I have no patience for musical snobs! Just listen to it! Branch out and expand your narrow ass horizons...

***XOXO

17 comments:

  1. Seems that country music has been issuing warnings to unfaithful men.

    First there was the destroyed 4x4, and now this....

    Fear country song singing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Redline-Well, the lesson here is that southern girls don't put up with shit, I guess! LOL Contrary to the idea of the genteel woman, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Sassy! Hopefully, it was good enough that you'll have many many more. I'm sending you a virtual gift card to virtually any store in virtually any denomination to use to your virtual heart's content. Ain't I sweet?

    Have a great trip out west. Tootles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to need to see you do karaoke on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love. It. Hands down, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cruiserrrr! Thank you! :)

    Dyckiepoo-Not unless you slap me around...or cheat on me. ;)

    Dr. Ken-I'm sure, at some point,it will happen. Beer happens, you know?

    Charming-Oh yeah! You heard it? I can't get it out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it but I'm from Nashville, home of country corn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phoenix-There's no need to be so mean! ;)

    Corny Dog-I LOVE Nashville! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Denver? Sounds wonderful. I hope you get in some good skiing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! WHO said you could come to MY neck of the woods! Watch your drivin', lady, I don't want to wind up as roadkill!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damnit, I was going to complain about it being country til I got to that last paragraph. Now I got nothin.'

    ReplyDelete
  12. my bad my lovely sassy! I see my blog on your list ;-)

    Happy Thanksgiving darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LBB-No skiing this trip! :( First snow is coming this week though.

    Pugsley-You live in Colorado? And to think that I'm actually considering a move here...that just may nix it altogether! (And I'm a damn good driver!)

    Karla-I would not have even heard it if I hadn't seen her sing it on some awards show. I like it!

    Rev-Thanks! You have a fantastic holiday yourself! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, you're in Colorado now? In Denver? Just get in the car and head west for four hours, and stop about 26 miles from the Utah border....and there I am :o)

    There's a cold front moving in here now. Maybe that means snow for your area!

    Where are you considering moving?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blogget! Yes, I'm in Denver and just woke up to snow! Yay! I'm looking into the Denver area. I'm visiting my best friend who grew up here in Aurora. Not sure quite yet what I'm gonna do!

    ReplyDelete
  16. *sigh* ahhh, to have a narrow ass again....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang cold here tonight, Sassy....15 degrees when I wake in the morning! I don't think I'll be sleeping with the window open tonight....

    Yay for snow there! Have a blast!

    :o) BJ

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.