Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Little Boys Love Me, Old Men Adore Me

Yes, I know that sounds creepy as shit, but it is true. I'm not quite sure why, but I offer up the following examples:


Example A: When I was teaching middle school, I was mostly well-liked by my students in general. I taught math, made it fun, and of course, my sassiness ropes most smartass teenagers in. However, there were many times that my little boys had, shall we say, strong and inappropriate feelings for me. My tutorials were full of boys, and it was not because they were struggling with math. They liked to hang out in my room and shoot the shit with me. At first I thought it was because I was knowledgeable about sports. I was raised by my father, and he never got much into Barbie and Ken, so I did a lot of boy stuff with my dad (except the lighting farts thing...I just don't get it guys!). We still do our NCAA basketball tournament brackets and bet a pounder of peanut M&M's on the championship. Anywho, I digress. So little boys were always hanging out, trying to give me hugs, and generally making the googly eyes at me. With 6th graders, they seemed more like innocent crushes, but with my 8th graders, it was as very different story. In my 12 yrs of teaching, 6 of them actually tried to kiss me! WTF? Several did a "boob graze" thinking I was unaware (of course I called their mommas!), and several also wrote me love letters in their math journals. Yes, they professed love between the lines that were supposed to be reserved for telling me what they did not understand about math and demonstrating what they did. Many times, I had to have schedules changed because some teen Lothario just wouldn't listen to my objections about unnecessarily touching me. Still creeps me out to think about it. My first year teaching, the high school brother of one of my 5th graders wrote me love letters and showed up at my school far too often until I finally had to call his parents in. And by love letters, I really mean filthy sex invites. I had to get a restraining order.


Example B: I think I just have a face that people feel comfortable talking to. Particularly old men people. I can be in the store, at work, or even on an airplane, and these grandpas start chatting me up (usually not in a lecherous way, but still). Of course, I'm a nice person (SHUT IT BITCHES!), and people in general tend to interest me, so I will converse with them. Recently, on the plane ride back from Denver, an older gentleman of 82 sat next to me on the plane. He was lovely, and I shared my iPod with him. It never fails that at the end of such exchanges with the old farts that they refer to me as "delightful" and "adorable". Not uncomplimentary, but I still don't understand how I end up in these conversations with men my grandfather's age instead of the hot backpack guy two rows up.


Example C: At my current job in Mayberry, I have a never ending stream of little boys wanting to see me. I can't walk down the hallway without several stopping me with, "Hi Ms. Sassy! Can I come and talk to you later?" or "I need to see you!" Do I appreciate the adoration of children? Absolutely. I love children. But today, one of the busiest and most hectic days for me in a long while, I had a steady stream of little boys vying for my attention. Some threw fits to get sent to see me...and told me so outright. Excuse me? That cannot be happening. I don't want anyone to think I'm some kind of little boy diddler! In this day and age, people are cutting eyes at educators who seem popular with today's youth (thanks for that, you stupid statutory bitches on TV!).


Now, I know you are thinking that I should really be grateful for such attention and devotion from boys and old guys, and on some level, I am flattered. BUT. Guess what? I'm not a little girl, and I'm not an old woman yet. Where the hell are all you bastards in between? I think we've established that I'm a sassy blonde that's more fun than a barrel full of fuckin' monkeys!

What gives? I want answers, and I want them now!
*I asked my priest what he thought while I was at confession. All I got from him was the "God has a plan for you, Sassy. Count your blessings!" Gee, thanks for nothing there, Father Liam.
**Shit! I just insulted my priest. Guess I'll see him again before the week's out. Being a Catholic is not easy, people.

22 comments:

  1. Sassy, I grew up with 6 brothers I know what you're going through.

    Lets start a support group for Chicks who attract young boys and old men. We'll call it, "Robbing the cradle to the grave"! HOT DAMN, I'm on a roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, one of the many reasons I decided to not use my teaching degree. During student teaching I was warned by at least three teachers in the semi-rural school I was at to make sure that I was never alone with a specific student (or any student for that matter) who was known to have gotten at least one teacher fired. Not saying he was guilty or innocent of anything - I don't know the facts, but I didn't want to take any chances. I remember her as a very bratty be-yotch of a kid and can believe that she would have done it out of spite.

    Cut the old guys some slack, it's probably been a decade or two since they had a conversation with a young woman that didn't center around prune juice or broken hips. Maybe you're their inspiration to go knock the dust off of ol' Mable down the hall at the retirement community!

    As for lighting farts, there are few things more enjoyable than the blue-flame created by cheap beer and bar food. It's been 15 years, but it still makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sassy! What's this I hear about you teaching young boys how to "multiply" after class?? I thought I was special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rev! I like it! Shall we meet at Denny's..say around 4:00? That's when both are ready to eat, right?

    Jeff-Lighting farts? Really?

    Dyckerson-Well of course you're "special"... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's wrong with boob grazing? Why that doesn't add up at all.

    Also, did you stop to think that you have a gift for bringing out the man in the boy, and the boy in the (old) man?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pugsley-Awww...no, I hadn't thought of that. However, it still doesn't get me laid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's where I come in. I'll need some supplies first (similar to planning an Expedition to Mt. Everest for the Discovery Channel) ... rope, check ... oxygen canisters, check ... ice axe, check ... (well, this may take awhile, so I'll check back) ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sassy - I've never had a problem with kids (I'm never around them I guess) but I am SO DAMN ON THE BOAT with you with the OLD guys! AHHHHHHHHHH seriously!! I've never been able to talk about it before -couldn't find the right way to put it down, but YOU did!

    It's constant! Being called "Cute as a button" (I get that one ALL the time what am I 5??) "Sweetie" "A delight" "Darling" "If I was 20-30 years younger" "Well, ain't I the lucky man today" AHHH STOP IT! Sassy you get it? Or not just the "Sweet Thing" "Name-calling" but that just-a-tad-too-nice feeling that they give off when they're talking to you sometimes and you can JUST TELL that they aren't being this nice for ANY reason. And it's not like they act on it (well, try) all the time but you can just FEEL it. Oh lord you're getting this right?

    OH!! Or my favorite, You see a pretty old guy from time to time over time, talk to him, he seems actually nice, you feel comfy with him and then one day - BAM!! - He asks you out, or tries to kind of half assed, and there you are, feeling lame that he wasn't nice to you just to be nice and you fell for it again. (ok I should quit now)

    Thanx for bringing this up Sassy, sorry for the mini post in your comments but dang it I'm just so happy that there's someone out there who GET's it.

    And the kids? WOW. Just wow Sass, I didn't know little boys were ku-koo like that. I'd be scared shitless to be alone with them just for the implications that you stated. Good luck to you in that Dept.

    OH, and your priest? What a douche, if he doesn't have an answer just tell him that he can say so, no Hallmark moments necessary. (ok! of to hell I burn!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:42 PM

    You're conjuring so many fantasies just now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:08 PM

    Teachers have to be careful now.

    Back when I was a cop teaching DARE kids looked up to me but soon I had some hangers-on who were always around me. I started thinking about the consequences although ,many thought it was innocent.

    I wouldn't even go into the bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me of that Britney song......Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman.....oh thanks, Sassy, for putting THAT in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn straight. Methane is flammable and burns with a blue flame. I'm sure for some people it's done "clothing optional", but that's just asking for trouble in my opinion. Relying on drunk friends to douse the flames on your coin-purse isn't the best way to spend an evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pugsley-An ice axe? I dont' THINK so...

    Hor-Yep..I know what you mean. And don't worry about the burning in hell thing: I'll light a candle for you. :)

    LBB-Really? Were you pervy little boy who was hot for teacher? lol

    Scoop-I would think you would have to be careful! Just the innuendo can end a career...but yay for you for teaching DARE!!

    Cruiser-Britney Spears? Seriously? Come on...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I kinda understand what you're talking about... my birth mother was a teacher and I went to meet her several times while I was in the army... all the little girls made excuse to come see miss garces son.... he's soooo hot... although I was only 19 so it wasn't completely weird that i was okay with the adoration of 16 year old girls... and as far as the airplane thing... I always get screwed... I end up sitting to the hot girl with the huge rock. They chat me up but make it clear I have no chance... I almost want to say listen if I'm not going to get any please don't talk to me...

    I have to admit the whole teacher fantasy has to be the best one. I didn't really get mine till I was a freshman in high school... she had a very public divorce and I actually thought I had a chance... how sad

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was the most arousing post since that one where you got trapped on an escalator with Tony Danza.

    I didn't know women noticed the boob grazing! ugh! I just know there are 13 restraining orders sitting in my mailbox now. I graze more than a herd of cattle. That's a lot of udders, believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, Father Liam wants to see you again. I'm curious about the big plan...let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rob-Why is it that little boys really think they have a chance? I mean, a few stupid bitches on the news aside, it just doesn't make sense...

    Ryan-Grazing is rarely an accident. We know this. Most often, we just ignore it.

    RLL-I did see Father Liam this evening. He says that God's Plan for me is one I must discover. So basically, I had to confess that I insulted him AND then he tells me jack.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The big plan involves you, a moving van, and a one-way trip to Virginia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dyckiepoo-I'm not smuggling illegals to VA for you! I draw the line there...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rev, well done on the club name. You two, or four if we're talking boobs, are going to be a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I taught high school, and the girls were way more aggressive. I coached girls tennis too, and it really shocked me how upfront they were.

    I'm glad I'm out of that game.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous6:51 PM

    Same. Exact. Problem.

    It depresses the hell out of me. I hit bottom after getting come-ons today from a twenty year old and our janitor (75). I'm at my wit's end. No answers in your blog either.

    What IS it?

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.