Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Is it Me?


So okay, I'm still plugging away at the online dating thing. I went through the steps, I was witty, I was charming, I was me....and I was rejected. Turns out this guy really wasn't ready to seek out a new relationship because he was still carrying a torch for his "lost love". Is it me? I tell you, when I go to midnight Mass, I'll have to go early and get in a confession. I am thinking very evil thoughts about people who are dishonest with themselves. If you aren't ready, do the rest of us a favor and save us the time spent, for the love of Mike! No...I'm not really angry. It's just frustrating. I really believe people should carefully examine what they really want and do their damnedest to get it. Of course, I want people to be happy, and I wish him well. Here's the very nice kiss off:

"Hi,Last night, the "one that got away" came back. We were in love, and things out of either of our abilitites to control split us up. Well, those things have been resolved, and emotions that were suppressed in vain have resurfaced. I cannot, in good concious, email another while a chance exists that what once was will be again. I am sorry that this type of thing has happened. I would never have gone back to the Eharmony if I knew this chance would resurface. So, I am leaving the internet dating world, and focusing on regaining what I thought was lost forever.Good luck in your searches, I wish you every happiness.
T"

Onward and upward, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. I am currently in a relationship that started online. It worked for me (for the most part!). Don't give up, I am sure you will find someone to appreciate you as much as you do them!

    You haven't posted much lately, I hope that means your enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better you found out now then after you hve invested even more time/emotion on the relationship, I guess.

    But yeah, there should be a free psycho-analysis given tp people before they can post on dating sites, and you get assigned a "readiness" score so people can tell the chances of crap like that happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe this will cheer you up.

    JARTS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remain true to yourself and the rest will fall into place......

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.