Thursday, February 09, 2006

There's Always Next Year....


So next Tuesday is Valentine's Day. A day of flowers, candy, and generally a lot of loving thoughts and actions. As a child, it was so much fun to make the valentine box or paper bag with the red, pink, and white heart doilies. As a child, you never doubted that you would get at least one Valentine, right? Now, as an adult, Valentine's Day has not been as good to me. On this day of love, I have had a car accident, discovered a boyfriend in the arms of another woman (this was very near the St. Valentine's Day Massacre 2), broken an engagement(the saddest one of all), and been alone stuck at the airport. Is it just me? Am I cursed? I don't really believe that, but I have had a string of bad luck on this glorious day. So this year, I'm not recognizing St. Valentine's Day. Good Catholic girl that I try to be, I have decided to forego celebrating the patron saint of lovers. It's going to be just another day for me. Of course, I work at a school so it will be quite a challenge. I wish Lent began now rather than March 1st! I could give it up for Lent. But really, I wish everyone a loving Valentine's Day. May you and your special someone enjoy the day and the sentiment behind it. Don't mind me...I'll be the one trying to look inconspicuous.

1 comment:

Ramble on a bit. You know you want to.